Then I called up Dan Carlisle, manager at Charleston’s only independent bookstore, and a bookstore specializing in non-fiction to boot. I offered to send him a copy of Braver to review. After looking it over and hearing about our big weekend – giving away 1500 free Kindle downloads! – Dan agreed that a book-based event for those who find themselves a little blue at the holidays could be well-received. For me, an event at Taylor Books is meaningful because I spent my first solo Thanksgiving (after my marriage ended) in Charleston. Now it’s 3 years, a book, and several other positive changes later. Hard to believe – but then again, I learned through this difficult experience that I’m (wait for it) braver than I believed.
John Taylor Book Signing
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 12:30pm
Venue: Barnes and Noble
Location: 160 E 54th Street, New York, NY
Price: Free with book purchase
More information available .
I did the Taylor Swift Book Tag! (I recommend playing her album in the background while you watch this video.)
Get a free audio book!
VLOG CHANNEL SHENANIGANS -
Original tag -
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.
2. Red - pick a book with a RED cover.
3. The Best Day - pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
4. Love Story - pick a book with forbidden love.
5. I Knew You Were Trouble - pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love.
6. Innocent (written b/c of Kanye West!) - pick a book that someone ruined the ending for.
7. Everything Has Changed - pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.
8. You Belong With Me - pick your most anticipated book release.
9. Forever and Always - pick your favorite book couple.
10. Come Back, Be Here - pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.
11. Teardrops On My Guitar - pick a book that made you cry a lot.
12. Shake It Off - pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters.
Christine of PolandbananasBOOKS
Katie of VincentVanStop
Maureen of MaureenKeavy
GO BOOK SHOPPING:
I am a Book Depository Affiliate! If you buy books using my link, I receive a small referral commission, which really helps me out! :)
Favorite Place in Charleston: I absolutely love Taylor Books on Capitol Street. I’m a total nerd and book worm. There is just something about being surrounded by the books and enjoying a scone in this Charlie West landmark that warms my heart.